Evaporative Coolers in Carol Stream are a Good Alternative to Energy-Guzzling AC Units
Evaporative coolers—affectionately referred to as swamp coolers—are a great alternative to conventional AC units in dry, hot climates like ours. These units operate off of the same principle that your body uses to cool off. Just like when you perspire, the evaporation of moisture on your skin pulls heat from your body. In the same way, an evaporative cooler pulls heat from the indoor air passing through it by evaporating water into your home’s air as it passes through. The effectiveness of a swamp cooler can be determined by measuring the same air with both a wet and dry thermometer. And, in Carol Stream and the surrounding areas, that cooling effect can drop the temperature anywhere from 15 to 40 degrees.
If your swamp cooler breaks down, Elite Air Inc. is here to help you fix it. We have over 16 years of experience repairing and replacing swamp coolers in the Carol Stream area. To ensure you get back to comfort sooner, our trucks arrive fully stocked with the parts necessary for common evaporative cooler repairs. We invite you to give us a call at 630.752.9177 to experience why so many of your neighbors rely on us for professional HVAC service.
for an estimate on swamp cooler repair in Glen Ellyn or Carol Stream.
Swamp Cooler Services in Carol Stream
When you’re experiencing problems with your swamp cooler or other cooling systems, our HVAC experts are here for you. It doesn’t matter if the issue is large, small, or difficult to handle. Below are a few major services we provide to evaporative cooler owners in Glen Ellyn and Winfield:
Swamp Cooler Repair:
While simpler than standard air conditioners, there are still things that can break on your evaporative cooler. The most common culprits are a dirty evaporative pad or a snapped belt. These issues are something we can easily handle. Call 630.752.9177
to get an appointment scheduled for swamp cooler repair in Carol Stream
Evaporative Cooler Maintenance: We suggest getting your swamp cooler serviced by an HVAC professional on a yearly basis. During this annual tuneup, our technician will clean the outside of the unit, replace the cooling pad, check the belts, and replace any rusted parts. These simple steps will not only help your swamp cooler work more efficiently but will also prevent mold and mildew buildup. Reach out to us to learn more about swamp cooler maintenance in Carol Stream benefits you and your wallet.
Swamp Cooler Replacement: Though they can last a while, swamp coolers eventually need to be replaced. Signs that a unit is past its prime include water damage on the roof, inconsistent airflow, and visible rust. When it comes time to bid that old unit goodbye, we’ll make the swamp cooler replacement process hassle-free.
Evaporative Cooler Installation:
: Our team knows the proper way to install a swamp cooler in the Carol Stream area. We’ll ensure it’s properly supported and walk you through how to maintain the new unit. If we feel your home would do better with a standard air conditioner
, we’ll make that recommendation. After all, our number one goal is to keep you comfortable
Elite Air Inc. services and installs all brands of swamp coolers including Honeywell, Hessaire, Mastercool, Breezewell, and Frigidaire.
How Swamp Coolers Keep You Comfortable All Summer Long
Regardless of the brand or external appearance, all swamp coolers operate following the same four steps. These are:
- Water Supply Valve Brings Water into the Cooler The process begins by filling with water. This is triggered by you turning its dial. This signals the water line to pull liquid into the bottom reservoir until the float reaches a preset threshold. At that point, the flow of water stops.
- The Pump Brings Water to the Evaporative Pads Once the reservoir is full, the system’s pump pulls water up through the distribution lines. The liquid then cascades down the evaporative pads. If the system isn’t cooling enough, turning the pump up can help.
- Warm Air is Pulled Through the Evaporative Pads: The swamp cooler’s blower pulls in warm air from the outside and blows it through the evaporative pads. As the air passes through the moist fabric, it is cleaned and cooled.
- The Blower Forces Air Through the Vents: The evaporative cooler then takes this cold air and forces it throughout your home. This helps lower the thermostat and take the sting out of Carol Stream’s sweltering summers.
The Signs of an Evaporative Cooler in Distress
When an air conditioner isn’t right for you or your budget, a swamp cooler probably is. These units offer a number of benefits over traditional AC units, including:
- Lower Cost: Swamp coolers are cheaper to buy and install than a traditional AC unit. This is due, in part, to their relative lack of complexity. They’re also cheaper to maintain and repair.
- Less Energy Waste: Because these units rely on natural principles to cool, they don’t require as much energy as a normal air conditioner. This means lower electric bills in the summer.
- Eco-Friendliness: Air conditioners make use of toxic refrigerants to produce their cooling effect. A punctured line can leak this substance into the atmosphere, negatively impacting the surrounding areas. Since they rely on just water, swamp coolers pose zero environmental risk.
- Precise Cooling: You can set up multiple swamp coolers for a system that allows room-by-room temperature control. This means no more fighting over who’s in charge of the thermostat.
If you’re after total comfort that doesn’t depend on low humidity, however, you’re better off getting a new AC unit installed.
The Signs of an Evaporative Cooler in Distress
We find some homeowners aren’t sure when it’s time to schedule a swamp cooler repair. They often put it off due to debates about the seriousness of an issue or changing systems. Below are the five signs that something’s amiss:
- Mineral buildup is visible in the pads or on the pipes
- A damp, musty odor permeates your home or business
- You have sudden leaks or water spots on your roof
- Rust is visible on the exterior of your evaporative cooler
- Cooling suddenly stops or diminishes
- Strange noises become audible
The sooner you get these problems looked at, the less likely an issue is to cause irreparable damage. So, don’t delay. Pick up your phone and dial (630) 752-9177 for prompt swamp cooler service in Winfield, Carol Stream, or Glen Ellyn.
Regular Swamp Cooler Maintenance is Essential in Carol Stream
Swamp coolers in Carol Stream must be maintained to keep your system in good condition all year round. During our pre-winter maintenance visit, our AC expert will perform a number of tasks to optimize efficiency and functionality. These preventive measures include:
- Covering the unit’s chassis with a waterproof casing to keep cold air out, protecting it from ice, wind, and snow damage
- Shutting off the water supply and draining the lines to prevent pipes from bursting or freezing
- Emptying the reservoir to reduce the chance of mold and algae
- Verifying the electronic connections and fan motor are in working, operative condition
- Lubricating the gears and blower motor to prevent excess noise
- Replacing your evaporative pads
For Evaporative Cooling Service in Carol Stream, Count On Us
If you’re interested in replacing an existing swamp cooler or need a new one installed, we can help. Our team of HVAC experts specializes in evaporative cooling service in Winfield and Carol Stream. We know our way around all brands and issues, something you might not get from a handyman. We also back everything we do with a customer-centric satisfaction guarantee. Give us a call at 630.752.9177 to get back on the road to comfort and take the sting out of Illinois’s summer.