Helping Businesses in Carol Stream Keep Their Customers Cool Since 2007
Maintaining a comfortable environment for your staff and clients is key to a successful business. No one wants to shop or dine in a place that’s sweltering at over 100 degrees. That’s why every company in Carol Stream and Winfield needs a commercial HVAC contractor they can rely on. We want to be your first choice. We set out every day to ensure that temperature fluctuation or dirty air is never an obstacle to your inventory, employees, or customers.
We understand how critical your AC and heating equipment is to your establishment. That’s why every one of our commercial HVAC experts is an experienced professional with ample experience maintaining equipment just like yours. Whether you own a restaurant, retail store, spa, or small factory, they have the expertise needed to get things running again. If you’re ready to add yourself to our list of commercial clients, give Elite Air Inc. a call. Otherwise, keep reading for a summary of who we are and why so many companies in Carol Stream rely on us for HVAC service.
to schedule commercial heating or AC service in the Winfield or Carol Stream area.
Types of Businesses We Serve
Our commercial HVAC experience and unwavering dedication to our clients are just the tip of the iceberg. We also take pride in our work and approach all commercial HVAC issues with the urgency they deserve. In our 16 years serving the Carol Stream area, we’ve interacted with businesses of all stripes. Industries and facilities we’re often called on to serve include:
- Commercial Office Buildings
- Luxury Living
- Healthcare Facilities
- Assisted Living Facilities
- Bio-medical Facilities
- Hotels and motels
- Property Management Firms
- Financial Institutions
- Multi-site Facilities
- Retail Operations
- Office Spaces
- Educational Institutions
- Movie Theaters & Museums
- Data Center Cooling
- Houses of Worship
So, stop searching for “commercial HVAC service near me” and call the local experts at (630) 752-9177. We’re ready and willing to do whatever it takes to ensure your long-term, year-round comfort.
Our Commercial AC and Heating Services
Commercial HVAC Repair
When your commercial heating or cooling system breaks down, you don’t want to waste time guessing at what the problem is. You want a company that can quickly pinpoint the issue and complete your commercial HVAC repair. Our extensive diagnostic processes allows us to identify and fix most issues on the same visit. This means less downtime and discomfort. So, the next time your RTU or commercial AC starts acting up in Carol Stream, give Elite Air Inc. a call.
Commercial HVAC Installation
New commercial HVAC equipment represents a large investment. But, if done correctly, your company in Carol Stream can save big on heating and comfort costs. Elite Air Inc. employs HVAC engineering experts who can design a system tailored to the needs of your specific business. This includes insulating problem areas and ensuring complete facility coverage. We take all steps necessary to minimize the interruptions posed by your commercial HVAC installation.
Commercial HVAC Maintenance
Local regulations require businesses to perform regular checks of their HVAC equipment. Typically, quarterly inspections are recommended. And, with larger systems, the costs of these visits can quickly pile up. But professional commercial HVAC companies, like ours, take steps to ensure you get your money’s worth. The expansiveness of our inspections allows us to prevent or contain the opportunity for a major breakdowns. This means less money spent on commercial HVAC repair in Carol Stream and a longer equipment.
Building automation cuts your company’s energy use, leading to significant savings and increased comfort control. Our company will inspect your system and pinpoint areas of waste. They will also engineer systems to allow for central control of everything from ventilation to ductwork. If environmental friendliness is one of your company’s goals, you should start by giving Carol Stream’s favorite commercial HVAC experts a call.
Commercial HVAC Units in the Carol Stream Area
Businesses in Winfield and Glen Ellyn are as unique as the entrepreneurs who started them. This means that the heating and AC needs of every company are best met through a personalized comfort plan. Crafting the perfect solution requires us to be knowledgeable in a wide array of commercial HVAC equipment types, including:
Packaged units—as the name implies—bundle together the condenser, fan coil, evaporator, thermostat, and compressor. This allows for more compact heating and AC and is ideal for buildings without the square footage for separate units. This single unit can cool and heat, eliminating the need for separate equipment.
Packaged systems are popular in hotels, condos, and senior homes. This is because their design allows for economical room-by-room temperature control.
Whether you want to replace every packaged terminal in the building or just need someone to deal with a troubled block, our commercial HVAC experts are ready and able to assist. Give (630) 752-9177 a call to schedule service in Glen Ellyn, Winfield, or Carol Stream.
For areas bigger than single rooms, residential building in Carol Stream will typically opt for a split system. Split systems are connected to a building’s existing ductwork. They also work well for small offices, restaurants, and individual storefronts. Each area comes with its own thermostat or can be controlled through a central system.
The main issue with these systems? Each space you want controlled needs its own HVAC unit. This clutters your roof or the outside of your building. If excessive, it can turn even the most attractive building into an eyesore. You can zone these systems, but the cost is normally prohibitive.
Rooftop (RTU) Systems:
An RTU or rooftop unit is a large packaged unit on the roof of your building. They are equipped with weather resistant housings to protect all major opponents. They are also compact and bring condenser, air handler, compressor, evaporator, and blower into one package. They arrive fully assembled from the factory. Some RTUs only cool while some units can both heat and cool.
In terms of limitation, most are based on architecture. These units lose effectiveness if required to heat or cool a building taller than 10 stories. Their structure also requires a flat roof for safe and stable installation. If you want to replace or repair your building’s RTU, give (630) 752-9177 a call. We’ve been servicing these supersized units in Carol Stream since 2007.
VRF (Ductless) Systems:
Relatively new to America—but fairly popular in Europe—VRF systems are ductless. They rely on heat recovery systems and heat pumps to circulate refrigerant from a central outdoor unit throughout the building. Their segmented setup also allows them to transfer heated air to areas that need it while also cooling other areas. The rate at which this refrigerant is distributed determines the temperature of an area. These systems are quiet and take up very little real estate in your building. Their lack of ductwork and compact size also make them easy to install. When compared to traditional ducted systems, VRFs are 30% more efficient than ductless systems
6 Ways Commercial HVAC Differs From Residential HVAC
You might be tempted to call up the first residential HVAC company you find when your RTU or VRF needs service, but we advise against it. Though many companies might provide limited commercial service, they likely lack the expertise needed for large-scale projects. Commercial HVAC needs differ from those of a residential unit for many reasons, including:
- Size: Commercial units need to ventilate and condition air for a much larger area than residential ones. This means that the components used are larger, heavier, and more difficult to move. Commercial HVAC units often weigh in at a few tons. This requires specialized moving equipment and often a separate set of tools.
- Location: In houses, the furnace is often located in the basement while the AC unit is relegated to the backyard. This is referred to as splitting the system. Commercial buildings typically house their HVAC units in the basement, in a utility room, or on the roof. The latter poses safety concerns not usually posed by residential HVAC work.
- Economizers: These might just be commercial HVAC’s secret weapon. Economizers are devices that use sensors and logic controllers to flush out heat and bring in cold air from outside. This lowers overall cooling costs and lowers unit wear and tear. It also increases ventilation and dispels stale air. The latter feature is especially useful to owners of older buildings. Residential HVAC contractors don’t have much experience diagnosing and repairing economizers. This is why it’s best to leave servicing these to a professional.
- Zones: Unlike your typical residential HVAC system, commercial systems are comprised of a number of packaged units with individual thermostats. This allows one building to support a number of different temperatures. This allows for area-by-area customization. Because they can work on one zone at a time, it also minimizes total comfort interruptions. But the added connections also make service and maintenance more complex.
- Ventilation: The larger size of commercial buildings make for more complex ventilation. Because there are often fewer windows, mechanical ventilation is often necessary to deal with stale air. Restaurants, fitness centers, and laboratories also require heightened ventilation levels to achieve optimal air quality. Knowing where and when to set up mechanical ventilation is a key part of commercial HVAC service. This is knowledge residential HVAC companies often lack.
- Cost: A typical homeowner might invest $10,000 to $15,000 in a new heating and AC system. However, due to the amount of cooling needed to handle all the people in a commercial facility, commercial systems typically are required to handle bigger loads than a residential systems—which can be more costly than replacing a residential system. Protect your comfort investment in Carol Stream. Call Elite Air Inc. the next time you need commercial HVAC service.
Carol Stream Trusts Us for Commercial HVAC Service and You Should, Too
As an HVAC contractor in the Carol Stream area, we’ve made much of our money through light-to-moderate commercial HVAC work. Because there’s no waiting to tomorrow to repair commercial equipment, we have expert technicians ready and able to serve you at all hours of the night. This availability is one reason behind our glowing Google reviews. We invite you to give us a try and see why so many businesses in Carol Stream and Winfield rely on us to keep their clients, staff, and residents comfortable.